New Ravenna Mosaics is known for being a premier designer and manufacturer of glass and stone mosaic tiles. The company’s handcrafted products are then pieced together to form decorative borders, murals, field tile and medallions. The finished products become custom works of mosaic art that make any space unique and stylized.
So, if your looking to transform your home or commercial space from ordinary to extraordinary with mosaic art tiles and patterns, then New Ravenna Mosaics is the perfect company. They can work with you to make your unique vision come to life with endless, shapes, patterns, and colors. Contact Dilwyne Designs if you are interested in installing a New Ravenna Mosaic today.
Pictures courtesy of New Ravenna Mosaics
On Friday, September 20th the Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware will be hosting A Night For Great Futures at The Queen Theatre. There will be an extensive silent and live auction, as well as an open forum discussion on stage between Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware alumni with moderator Nancy Karibjanian. The event will be from 6 to 9pm. Cocktail attire is suggested. This will be a great event supporting an amazing organization that services more than 20,000 Delaware youth per year!
PLEASE REGISTER HERE: www.bgclubs.org/sept20
A Sneak Peek at a few of the auction items:
- Delaware four digit license plate – No. 8279
- Painting by artist Sarah Lamb
- Private movie screening for up to 200 guests at Penn Cinema Riverfront
- Private cocktail party for 12 at Andre Harvey’s Brecks Mill Studio catered by Piccolina Toscana and wine by Moore Brothers
- Large Yeti cooler filled with outdoor enthusiast items from Artemis Outfitters
- iPad Mini with courtesy set-up by Integrated Home LLC
- Nine Holes Anywhere handmade Croquet set
- Lizzie Fortunato Jewels leather clutch
- A Kelly Wearstler scarf from Kirna Zabete
- Round of golf at Merion Golf Club
- Day of Rejuvenation and assorted spa products from Currie Hair, Skin & Nails
These select restaurants on Market Street will be offering 10% of their proceeds back to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware after the event. (Reservations are recommended)
- La Fia
- Chelsea Tavern
- Earnest & Scott
Images courtesy of the Boys & Girls Club
Based out of New Orleans, Julie Neill Designs specializes in handcrafted lighting and furnishing created by a team of talented artisans dedicated to producing stunning pieces of elaborate beauty. All pieces are custom and made to order in their studio which enables you to completely customize and bring your perfect lighting fixture to life.
They are known for award-winning products which pull from the design principles of antiquity and are reworked for modern times. Their signature finishes are developed through a combination of ancient techniques that fabricates lighting fixtures that are unique and timeless. Contact Dilwyne Designs if you are interested in ordering Julie Neill custom lighting today.
Images Courtesy of Julie Neill Designs
As one of our most favorite foods, this Japanese cuisine is much easier to prepare than we may think. Majority of us often opt to go to a restaurant to splurge on this delicious cuisine however very little of us realize how easy it is to prepare at home. This past weekend I decided to prepare America’s favorite Japanese indulgence in the comfort of my own kitchen and here is my step by step approach:
2 ¼ cups rice
3 cups water
⅓ cups rice vinegar
¼ cups sugar
2 teaspoons salt
A sushi roller (bamboo)
1 pack roasted seaweed sushinori
Thinly sliced avocado, cucumber, ect.
Thin long striped sashimi grade salmon, tuna, ect.
1. Boil in a large pot 3 cups of water, then once at a boil add the rice. Cook sushi rice on low heat for 15-20 minutes without stirring or taking the lid off.
2. Meanwhile, combine the vinegar, sugar, and salt and microwave for 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir until dissolved.
3. After all the water is absorbed, using a WOODEN SPOON and scoop the rice into a glass bowl. After, fan the rice so that it cools for 30 seconds. Then, add the dissolved combination of rice vinegar, sugar, and salt. Slice and pull rice to mix. DO NOT MASH RICE!
4. Now it’s time to roll the sushi. Make sure your sushi mat is in a gallon size zip lock bag so that the nori does not stick. Then, lay out a roasted seaweed nori strip on top of your sushi mat. Coat the whole nori strip with a thin layer of rice and then place the contents on the end closest to you and then begin rolling and pressing down to keep the sushi compact. Keep on rolling until sushi roll in one long cylinder like strip.
5. Finally, cut sushi strip into halves and then halves again using a sharp serrated knife and ENJOY!
Hosting children’s birthday parties in your home can sometimes be challenging. Pintrest is a wonderful source for creative ideas for many things, especially kid themed parties! Enjoy the photos below from a party we had for one of our daughters.