Based out of New Orleans, Julie Neill Designs specializes in handcrafted lighting and furnishing created by a team of talented artisans dedicated to producing stunning pieces of elaborate beauty. All pieces are custom and made to order in their studio which enables you to completely customize and bring your perfect lighting fixture to life.
They are known for award-winning products which pull from the design principles of antiquity and are reworked for modern times. Their signature finishes are developed through a combination of ancient techniques that fabricates lighting fixtures that are unique and timeless. Contact Dilwyne Designs if you are interested in ordering Julie Neill custom lighting today.
Images Courtesy of Julie Neill Designs
As one of our most favorite foods, this Japanese cuisine is much easier to prepare than we may think. Majority of us often opt to go to a restaurant to splurge on this delicious cuisine however very little of us realize how easy it is to prepare at home. This past weekend I decided to prepare America’s favorite Japanese indulgence in the comfort of my own kitchen and here is my step by step approach:
2 ¼ cups rice
3 cups water
⅓ cups rice vinegar
¼ cups sugar
2 teaspoons salt
A sushi roller (bamboo)
1 pack roasted seaweed sushinori
Thinly sliced avocado, cucumber, ect.
Thin long striped sashimi grade salmon, tuna, ect.
1. Boil in a large pot 3 cups of water, then once at a boil add the rice. Cook sushi rice on low heat for 15-20 minutes without stirring or taking the lid off.
2. Meanwhile, combine the vinegar, sugar, and salt and microwave for 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir until dissolved.
3. After all the water is absorbed, using a WOODEN SPOON and scoop the rice into a glass bowl. After, fan the rice so that it cools for 30 seconds. Then, add the dissolved combination of rice vinegar, sugar, and salt. Slice and pull rice to mix. DO NOT MASH RICE!
4. Now it’s time to roll the sushi. Make sure your sushi mat is in a gallon size zip lock bag so that the nori does not stick. Then, lay out a roasted seaweed nori strip on top of your sushi mat. Coat the whole nori strip with a thin layer of rice and then place the contents on the end closest to you and then begin rolling and pressing down to keep the sushi compact. Keep on rolling until sushi roll in one long cylinder like strip.
5. Finally, cut sushi strip into halves and then halves again using a sharp serrated knife and ENJOY!
Hosting children’s birthday parties in your home can sometimes be challenging. Pintrest is a wonderful source for creative ideas for many things, especially kid themed parties! Enjoy the photos below from a party we had for one of our daughters.
Continuing in the tradition of the 18th century furniture makers, EJ Victor furniture is hand-crafted and supreme in quality. Utilizing the exquisite skills of woodworkers and always staying true to quality, EJ Victor is able to supply only the finest bedroom, dining, occasional and accent furniture. Attention to detail is a guarantee with each piece being able to withstand the test of time and lasting for generations.
The process to create fine wood furniture begins with fine veneers and quality woods individually selected to fit each piece. Keen attention is paid to the tightness and configuration of the grain patterns of the wood since this is the most important part of the process. EJ Victor creates collections for Ralph Lauren, Jack Fhillips, Country Collections, Julia Gray, Randall Tysinger and more. Contact Dilwyne Designs if you are interested in any of EJ Victor’s collections.
Images courtesy of EJ Victor